|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on February 26, 2003.
The arms of the city are based on the medieval seals of the city, which already showed the castle or gate. All later seals and images have shown the same composition, but the size and shape of the castle has varied widely, as can be seen from the image below.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms as shown around 1970
The arms as shown in 1994
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994