|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on August 22, 1939.
The upper half of the arms shows a lion. This lion was the symbol of the so-called Grossen Freien (or a large free area), and all municipalities in this area used the lion in their arms (see also Ahlten, Bilm, Gretenberg, Haimar, Harber and others).
The lower half shows some oak leaves for the Gaim area, a large oak-forest in the district.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Peters, 1974