Hermalle-sous-Argenteau

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

HERMALLE-SOUS-ARGENTEAU

Province : Liège
Incorporated into : 1977 Oupeye

Armoiries de Hermalle-sous-Argenteau

Official blazon

Tiercé en pal: au 1er d'argent à la fasce d'azur, qui est Claris, au 2e d'argent à une Vierge du champ couronnée d'or tenant sur le bras gauche un Enfant Jésus aussi du champ couronné d'or et soutenue d'un globe d'argent; le tout entoure d'une gloire d'or qui est Notre Dame d'Aix la Chapelle, au 3e d'azur a trois demis-vols d'or, posés 2 et 1, le deuxième abaissé et le troisième contourné, qui est de Laverne. L'écu sommé d'une couronne à cinq fleurons et surmonté de trois heaumes d'argent, grillés, colletés et liserés d'or, doublés et attachés de gueules, celui du centre taft de front, les deux autres affrontés, lambrequins à dextre d'argent et d'azur, au centre d'or et d'argent, à senestre d'argent et d'azur. Cimiers: à dextre un lion issant d'or; au centre une aigle éployée d'or; à senestre une rose de gueules entre un vol d'or et d'azur.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on June 3rd, 1925.

The blue bar on the right side of the arms is derived from the arms of Louis-Ferdinand de Claris-Clermont, who in the 18th century built the Argenteau castle. The middle part of the arms shows St. Mary, as Hermalle was given by Charlemagne to the Notre-Dame Abbey in Aix-la-Chapelle. The only known historical seal of the village, dating from the 14th century, shows only St. Mary. The left part of the arms shows three wings, which are derived from the arms of the Laverne de Rodes family, who held several possessions in the area.

Wapen van/Blason de Hermalle-sous-Argenteau

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg

Mail.png
Contact us
Support the site:
Donate.jpg

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Servais, 1955