|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Gold aufgebäumter roter Hirsch mit blauer Zunge.
The arms were granted in 1930 and are based on the colours of Hupp. The arms were later confirmed on August 5, 1964.
Hirschhorn is named after the Lords of Hirschhorn, who developed the town and granted city rights in 1391. The oldest seal does no longer exist, but a seal dating from 1418 shows already a canting deer (Hirsch). The deer is lying and is not placed on a shield.
In the 19th century the deer was seen as today, but as silver on a green field. Hupp showed in the late 19th century the deer in the original colours of the Lords of Hirschhorn, a red deer with golden antlers on a silver field (see below).
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.