|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovenia heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Slovenia
The oldest impression of the coat of arms of Ilirska Bistrica was found on a document issued by the town authorities on 10th June 1871. It represents a galley, warship of the "Liburni", the people that lived on the coast of the North Adriatic Sea - the Kvarner.
The symbol was taken from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Illyria, which was part of the then Austrian-Hungarian Empire (1816-1918). During that time the town Bistrica also became Ilirska Bistrica.
When Italy occupied this area (1918-1943), Italian authorities added fascist symbols to the Ilirska Bistrica coat of arms (see below).
In 1975 the Council of Ilirska Bistrica reinstated the old coat of arms: a golden yellow galley on blue background. The same coat of arms is now used for the Town and Municipality of Ilirska Bistrica.
The arms in the Abadie albums
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)