Klingenberg am Main
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
KLINGENBERG AM MAIN
- (de) In Silber über grünem Dreiberg ein sechsspeichiges rotes Rad.
The arms were granted on April 30, 1822 and again on July 7, 1977.
The arms are known since 1561 and show a canting mountain (Berg) and half a wheel. The wheel is the symbol of the [[Mainz (State)|State of Mainz, as the town was a possession of Mainz from 1505-1803.
In 1822 the arms were changed to a blue shield with the silver wheel. Later it became blue with a silver chief and wheel. In the late 19th century Hupp changed the colours to silver with a red wheel (see image below).
After the merger in 1976 the arms were changed to a full wheel in the colours as used by Hupp. The full wheel was also part of the arms of Trennfurt.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site: