|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
In goud, een roode keper beladen met drie zilveren schelpen, en in de punt vergezeld van een duinkruisdistel in natuurlijke kleur.
The arms were officially granted on May 9, 1914.
Knokke historically belonged to the Lissewege parish and had no own seals or arms. In 1914 the arms were designed based on the arms of Lissewege on a map from the late 16th century. The arms were shown as in silver a red chevron with scallops, and in the base a bunch of reed. In the arms of Knokke the colours of the field were changed and a thistle, a common plant in the dunes, replaced the reeds.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:
Literature : Servais, 1955