|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on April 25, 1974.
The arms show in the third quarter the deer antlers taken from the arms of the former Stockach district and in the other quarters elements from the old arms of the district.
The old arms were granted on July 26, 1957.
The arms show quartered a fish, as a symbol for the fisheries and the position on the border of Lake Bodensee, and the cross of the monastery of Konstanz.
The cross of the monastery differs only from the cross of the city (see Konstanz) in the colour. The district is made up of the larger part of the properties of the monastery, with the exception of the areas which are now in Switzerland.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.