|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Rot ein goldenes Hufeisen.
The arms and colours were granted in 1902.
Kork belonged to the Counts of Hanau-Lichtenberg and had its own (lower) court. The oldest seals of the village, dating from the 15-16th centuries showed the parish saint, St. Dionysius. A later seal, dating from the 18th century, showed a quartered shield with the village marks of Kork (horseshoe), Neumühl, Querbach and Odelshofen. In addition to the horseshoe the village used a capital letter K as well as a five- or six-pointed star as signs and on the arms.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.