|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted on March 12, 1904.
The arms are derived from the oldest known seal of the village, dating from the early 15th century. The seal showed the arms of the Bousies de Vertaing family, at the time Lords of L'Ecluse. The shield is held by the St. Mary as a supporter. When the arms were granted in 1904 the supporter was removed, but the arms of the family were not changed.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955