Lüdinghausen (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,889
  • Total images in the German section : 36,158

LÜDINGHAUSEN (LH)

State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Incorporated into : 1974 Coesfeld

Wappen von Lüdinghausen (kreis)

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on May 30, 1939.

The main part of the arms shows the red bar in gold, the arms of the State and Bishops of Münster. From 1509-1802 the district belonged to the State of Münster. The balls in the upper part of the arms are derived from the arms of the Lords of Davensberg, who, in the 14th century, held several estates in the district. The bell is derived from the arms of the city of Lüdinghausen.


Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.