|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Blau an schrägem rotem Fahnenstock mit goldener Spitze die goldene Reichssturmfahne, darin ein rot bewehrter und rot bezungter schwarzer Adler.
The city developed around the hunting castle Schloss Ludwigsburg from 1704 onwards, and received city rights in 1718. The new city choose to use the Imperial Banner in its arms. The banner was used by the Dukes of Schwaben since 1495. It was a symbol for several imperial rights the Dukes possessed. Why the banner was chosen is not known.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms on a 1960s matchox label
The arms as used in the 1970s
The arms of the city and the partner cities :
Neutitschein, Fulnek, Odrau and Wagstadt
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, K., 1964-1971; Bardua, 1987