Mülheim an der Ruhr
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
MÜLHEIM AN DER RUHR
State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Urban District (Kreisfreie Stadt) : Mülheim an der Ruhr
Additions : 1878 Eppinghofen; Mellinghofen; 1904 Broich, Holthausen, Saarn, Speldorf, Styrum1920 Menden, Raadt; 1929 Selbeck, Ickten; 1975 Mintard (since 1930 part of Kettwig)
The arms were first used in 1890 and officially granted in 1925.
The arms are the arms of the last Counts of Daun-Falkenstein, who, as vassals of the counts of Berg, ruled Mülheim until 1659. The quarters are Daun, Falkenstein, Limburg, Oberstein, Broich and Reipoltzkirchen.
Whether the city actually used arms before 1890/1925 is not known. The arms of the city have been used widely since the early 20th century, but not always correctly. Sometimes the colours are used wrongly, but especially the number of black bars for the Oberstein quarter varied between three and four.
Seals of the city from around 1900.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms around 1939
The arms in the Abadie albums.
The arms around 1900.
The arms in the 1960s.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes. New image from Wikipedia.