|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted on April 29, 1845.
The arms are the arms of the family Praet van Moerkerke, which are already mentioned in the Gelre roll of Arms from the late 14th century. Saint Michael is the patron saint of the town.
The cross of the Praet family and estate is also used by the municipality of Oedelem, the arms with cross and shells also by the Dutch municipality of Mijnsheerenland, also a possession of the Praet van Moerkerke family.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955