Neeroeteren

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

NEEROETEREN

Province : Limburg
Incorporated into : 1977 Maaseik

Wapen van Neeroeteren

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on January 14, 1902.

The arms were granted to Neeroeteren in 1365 by Margareta van Heinsberg, Abbess of the Thorn Convent, to which Neeroeteren belonged. The arms show the bars of the County Loon, in which the village is situated, and the fish from the counts of Chiny. Margarethe van Heinsberg descended from the Counts of Loon-Chiny.

Wapen van/Blason de Neeroeteren

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Servais, 1955