|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
OBERBERGISCHER KREIS (GM)
The arms were granted on July 16, 1938 and again on February 10, 1976.
The arms are a combination of the arms of the former territories to which (parts) of the district belonged. The upper part shows the chequered bar of the County of Mark. The castle represents the Homburg castle, owned by the Princes of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The lion is the lion of the County of Berg, to which a large part of the district belonged. In 1938 the lion was granted without the original blue tongue. This was corrected in 1978.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.