|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on April 23, 1997.
The arms of the town (German name Rosenberg in Oberschlesien) combine the eagle of Upper Silezia with a canting rose (Rose in German).
The combination is known since the 14th century, when the rose and eagle appeared on the local seal. Since the 17th century the two are combined in a single shield.
Hupp showed the same composition, but with the eagle in historically correct colours, see below.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1915
The arms in 1954
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994