|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The town was grounded 1816 by Starzynski family on the grounds that belonged to them as a weavers' town. It expanded throughout the 19th century into a small textile-industry town, but could not develop significantly due to the vicinity of a major Russian and later Polish textile industry center, Łódź.
The arms shows the symbol of the Starzynski family on the right side and weaver shuttle on the left side, symbolizing the town's dominating industry. The arms were approved in the period of the Second Republic (1918-1939).
The arms in the Kawa Hag album +/- 1932
The arms in 1964
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994