Parish of Ostrava-Hrabová

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal

Catholic heraldry


Other Christian churches


Other religions

  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 12,686

PARISH OF OSTRAVA-HRABOVÁ

Diocese: Ostrava-Opava
Decanate: Ostrava
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Arms of Parish of Ostrava-Hrabová

Official blazon

Nad štítem černý klobouk s jedním černým střapcem na každé straně. Ve čtvrceném štítě v prvním modrém poli zlaté nožové kolo. Ve druhém červeném poli šest stříbrných kuželů (4,2). Ve třetím stříbrném poli zlatá pětilistá růže se zeleným okvětím. Ve čtvrtém modrém poli polcený heroldský kříž, vpravo červeno-stříbrně šachovaný, vlevo zlatý.

Origin/meaning

The wheel of St. Catherine references the patron of the parish church, St. Catherine of Alexandria. The second field with six wedges symbolises the fact that the parish belongs to the Moravian Ecclesiastical Province, represented by the Archdiocese of Olomouc. The third field contanins a golden rose as a symbol of the Decanate of Ostrava and is take from the arms of the Dětřich, the Bishop of Olomouc 1281 - 1302. The fourth field contains the arms of the Diocese of Ostrava-Opava.


Follow us on
Facebook.jpg

Mail.png
Contact us
Support the site:
Donate.jpg

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Image and info from here.