|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
Mi parti, au 1er gironné d'or et d'azur de douze pièces, à l'écusson de gueules sur le tout, et au second, d'argent 3 deux clefs de sable adossées en pal.
The arms were granted on August 28, 1847.
The right half of the arms shows the oldest arms of the Counts of Vlaanderen. The village was a possession of the Counts of Vlaanderen until 1063, when they granted the village to the Ename Abbey. Therefore the oldest known arms of Vlaanderen were chosen, instead of the more well known black lion.
The left half shows two keys, which are derived from the old arms of the Berkel Estate, to which the village of Sint-Katriens-Kapelle (?) belonged until 1811, when the village was incorporated into Pervijse. The village used a seal with the keys already in the 17th century.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Servais, 1955