|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms combine the sword and key, symbols of the two patron saints of the city, St. Paul and St. Peter respectively. The sacks of flour are a canting element. From its foundation in 1312 until the end of the second World War the town was known under its German name Mehlsack, which literally means sack of flour.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown around 1970
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Image obtained from Laszlo Szirtes, Hungary.