|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
D'argent, à dix losanges d'azur accolés et aboutés, 3, 3, 3, et 1 - l'écu supporté à senestre par un griffon d'or.
The arms were officially granted on May 12, 1965.
The village of Pipaix was first mentioned in 1186. During the centuriers it was a possession of several families, until it was bought around 1530 by Antoon van Haudion. The Haudion family sold the village in 1740 to Filips Hannecart, who lived in the village until 1830.
The village never had its own seal or arms, all official documents were sealed by the local lord. When the municipality applied for arms in 1965, it was decided to use the original arms of the Haudion family, known since the 14th century, as this family had been the longest rulers.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Servais, 1968