|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Blau ein geschliffenes silbernes Lilienkreuz, belegt mit einer grünbesamten roten Rose mit grünen Kelchblättern, bewinkelt von vier fünfstrahligen goldenen Sternen.
The arms are officially adopted in 1900, but are based on the oldest known village seal, dating from 1487. The cross most likely is derived from the arms of the Cistercian Monastery in Schonau, which owned most of the area at the time. The stars may be the symbol of St. Mary, the patron saint of the monastery. The colours are the colours of the Pfalz, to which the village belonged until 1802. The meaning of the rose is not known.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.