|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
Polanow became a city in 1613. Before 1613 the seals of the town showed only the griffin of Pommerania. After 1613 the scepter in the front paws was added. It is probably added by the Lords of Glasenapp, who granted the city rights, to distinguish the arms of the city from the arms of Pommerania. Ever since the seals have shown the griffin with the scepter, except a seal from 1819 which was based on an older seal from before 1613 (which shows only the griffin).
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown in 1963
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Plewako and Wanag, 1994