|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
SERAING (until 1977 also Seraing-sur-Meuse)
- (1923) D'argent à un sautoir de gueules accompagné de quartre lions de sable.
- (1978) D'argent au sautoir de gueules cantonné de quartre lions de sable.
The arms were officially granted on July 21, 1923 and again on April 29, 1978.
The arms are those of knight Thierri Hustin, who was the first to call himself Lord of Seraing in the 12th century. The only historical seal of Seraing, dates from the 18th century and show a tree flanked by the two patron saints of the town, St. Mary and St. Lambert.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
The arms on a Dutch Willem II cigar band
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Servais, 1955