|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovenia heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Slovenia
The arms were adopted on June 25, 1991.
The coat of arms of Slovenj Gradec is based on the seal of the city from 1310, picturing the city gate with two watch towers. Historically the arms were often shown in different composition, with different shapes of the tower, with or without a mountain in the base and with red, green or blue shield.
The arms by Zacharias Bartsch (1567)
The arms in a 16th century manuscript
The arms by Ströhl (1904)
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
The arms by Kobel (1954)
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Abadie albums
There is also the possibility that the arms have been confused by several authors with the arms of Slovenska Bistrica.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !