|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovenia heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Slovenia
The arms were adopted on June 26, 1984.
The arms show a city gate with three towers. The official description includes the text above the arms. The city gate has been used as the arms of the city since at least 1772, but ever since the actual composition and colours have changed considerably, as shown in the images below. There is also the possibility that the arms have been confused by several authors with the arms of Slovenj Gradec.
The arms by Zacharias Bartsch (1567)
The arms around 1600
The arms by Widimsky (1864)
The arms by Lind (1885)
The arms by Ströhl (1904)
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
The arms by Kobel (1954)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !