|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Gespalten von Gold und Rot; vorne nebeneinander drei bewurzelte grüne Flachspflanzen mit blauen Blüten, hinten zwei schräg gekreuzte silberne Nagelschmiedhämmer.
The arms were granted on March 2, 1838 by King Ludwig of Bayern.
The colours were silver and blue and were taken from the arms of Bayern. The flax plants symbolise the importance of the linnen industry in the town. The hammer in the left half symbolise the other main industry, the iron industry. In 1949 the colours of the field were changed to red and gold, the historical colours of the town, which are most likely derived from the arms of the Lords of Rettenberg, who owned the village for a long time.
The arms in Kramer (1841)
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.