|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 1, 1939 and again on August 16, 1977.
The red chevrons are taken form the old county Ravensberg, to which the area historically belonged. The town was well known for the production of the Steinhäger, a kind of gin. The product was made of wheat and juniper, which are shown in the upper half of the arms.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Meijer, 1940