Tecklenburg

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,900
  • Total images in the German section : 36,184

TECKLENBURG

State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Steinfurt (until 1974 Tecklenburg)
Additions : 1975 Brochterbeck, Ledde, Leeden

Wappen von Tecklenburg

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

Tecklenburg was the capital and seat of the Counts of Tecklenburg. The village was first mentioned in 1226 and was granted city rights in 1388. Even though it has a long history, there are no known seals of the city until the late 18th century. The present arms are based on this seal and show the three water-lily leaves of the (old) arms of the Counts of Bentheim, who in 1262 inherited the title and county of Tecklenburg. The anchor is taken from the arms of the County Lingen, to which the city later belonged. When these arms were first used is thus unknown.

Wappen von Tecklenburg

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s