Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique


Province : Vlaams-Brabant
Additions : 1977 Sint-Katharina-Lombeek, Wambeek

Wapen van Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

Official blazon

  • (1819) (none available)
  • (1840) Een blaeuw veld met het gulden beeld van Ste Gertrudis.
  • (1985) In lazuur, bezaaid met blokjes van goud, een keper van hetzelfde. Het schild geplaatst voor een Sint-Gertrudis van goud.


The arms were officially granted on September 28, 1819 and in different colours on January 30, 1840. The current arms were granted on May 7, 1985.

Ternat was founded as a village from the Nijvel Abbey and was for centuries a possession of the Abbey. The old arms of Ternat thus show the image of St. Gertrudis of Nijvel, patron saint of the abbey and the village. In 1840 the colours were changed.

The new arms show the shield of Sint-Katharina-Lombeek with the patron saint, St. Gerdtrude, from the old arms.


The arms from 1819

The arms from 1840
Wapen van/Blason de Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Follow us on Facebook.jpg

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)


Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Literature : Servais, 1955