Incorporated into : 1965 Hillingdon
Arms : Or on a Pile Gules between two Fountains an Eagle displayed of the field.
Crest : On a Wreath of the Colours issuant from a Circlet composed of four Chrysanthemums stalked and leaved proper a demi-Lion Gules supporting a Seax blade upwards proper pommel and hilt Or.
Supporters : On the dexter side an Heraldic Tiger Or and on the sinister side a Pegasus Argent hoofed and crined Azure both gorged with an Astral Crown Vert and pendent therefrom a Plate fimbriated also Vert the dexter plate charged with a Garb proper and the sinister with a Cross throughout Gules.
The arms were officially granted on May 18, 1948, supporters granted November 10, 1955.
The pile is from the arms of the ancient Basset family and the heraldic fountains refer to the district's rivers. The eagle is from the arms of the Paget family, Earls of Uxbridge, a title now borne by the Marquess of Anglesey; and also alludes to Uxbridge RAF Depot and Northolt Airport. The Chrysanthemums refer to the horicultural industry, the nurseries of the town specialize in these flowers. The national lion holds a seax from the arms of the Middlesex CC. The tiger is from the arms of the Marquess of Anglesey and the pegasus further represents Uxbridge's connection with the RAF. The green astral crowns refer to the Green Belt, the wheafsheaf to brewing, corn growing and the corn merchant industry. The red cross from the arms of the London refers to Greater London.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)