Wörth am Rhein
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
WÖRTH AM RHEIN
The first arms of Wörth were granted on October 26, 1841 (above left). On April 7, 1961 the arms were changed (middle arms) and the present arms were granted on October 8, 1981 (above right).
The anchor is derived from the oldest known seal of the city, known from 1789. The seal showed the anchor upside down and with waves in the base. These elements were not granted in 1841, and the city tried several times to correct this. It took, however, until 1961 before the arms were corrected. The colour, which was arbitrarily chosen in 1841, was made blue, based on the indications on the seal.
After the merger of 1979 the arms were changed again and elements for Maximiliansau (S), Schaidt (foot) and Büchelberg (tree) were added.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Debus, 1988