|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 19, 1948.
The district historically belonged to the bishops and the State of Osnabrück. The bishops divided their state in different territories, two of which form the district. The arms are thus based on the arms of the two territories Wittlage and Hunteburg. Wittlage was built as a castle in 1309, the Hunteburg in 1324. The wheel of Osnabrück, which was part of the arms of the Hunteburg is shown in front of the arms of Wittlage, a castle with the patron saint of Osnabrück, St. Peter.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Stadler, K., 1964-1971.