|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
Twee zwarte balken op een zilveren veld, gouden vrijkwartier met twee zwarte balken en bend, samengesteld uit twaalf zilveren en roode stukken.
The arms were granted on December 20, 1904.
The arms are derived from the arms as seen on the oldest known seal of the local council, dating from 1434. The two main bars are derived from the arms of the Lords of Diest, who owned the village in the 13th and 14th century. The free quarter shows the arms as used by Arnold van Diest in 1313. Hendrik van Diest, Lord of Zelem only used the Van Diest arms in 1360. Why the two versions were combined is not known.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Servais, 1955