|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Blau das silberne Dorfzeichen in Form einer stilisierten Zange.
The arms were adopted in 1912.
The arms show the local village symbol, a circle with two 'legs'. In 1780 the borders between Zierolshofen and Bodersweier were re-established and marked with new borderstones. These stones showed the village symbols of both villages. In the early 19th century the village had its own seal (known from 1811), which showed the above symbol between two palm leaves. In 1912 the village adopted the above arms in arbitrarily colours.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Zier and Kastner, 1961.