Diocese of Prince George
DIOCESE OF PRINCE GEORGE (Dioecesis Principis Georgensis)
Established : 1916 as Apostolic Vicariate of Yukon-Prince Rupert
Split 1944 into Apostolic Vicariate of Whitehorse and Apostolic Vicariate of Prince Rupert
Elevated 1967 to Diocese of Prince George
Argent three bars wavy Azure dimidiating three bars dancetty Vert, on a pile Or a Latin cross Sable.
The arms were granted on September 15, 2014.
The background alludes to the coast of the Pacific Ocean and to the mountainous and forested geography of northern British Columbia, the area covered by the diocese. The gold wedge represents the light of the gospel. The large cross is the main element on the seal of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, the religious order that first ministered to this region.
Arms of Bishops
- No image
John Fergus O'Grady (1967–1986)
- No image
Hubert Patrick O'Connor (1986–1991)
Gerald William Wiesner (1992-2013)
Stephen Jensen (2013-present)
Religious or Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
This page is part of the Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Other Christian churches
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?