D'or à un lion de sable, armé, lampassé et coouronné de gueules, le premier canton chargé de la lettre H de sable.
The arms were officially granted on June 18, 1838.
The arms are granted by mistake. In 1819 Dhuy applied for arms with the lion of Namur, based on the old seal from 1422. The Dutch College of Arms, however, granted the arms to Huy instead of Dhuy and added the letter H, to distinguish the arms from the arms of Namur. After the Belgian independence, the arms were granted to Dhuy, but still with the letter H.
Huy and Dhuy thus officially were granted the same arms from 1838-1977, but Huy never used the arms officially granted in 1819.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site