|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Province of the Free State of Preussen, created in 1919 and existed until 1945, when the area became part of Poland.
Historically the area was a separate Duchy, which formed part of the main Duchy of Schlesien, which was part of Poland.
The golden eagle was first used by Duke Mesko (died 1211) and has been used as the arms for the area since, even though the Duchy itself did no longer exist. The Prussian province was created in 1921 and combined the historical eagle (arms see here) with symbols of mining and agriculture. The arms were officially granted on July 1, 1926.
The eagle is now used by the Polish Region Śląsk.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Hupp, O: 1920s.