|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on December 29, 2006.
The upper left arms show the arms as used in the late 19th cnetury, the right arms show the present arms.The oldest seal of Lessen dates from the 14th century and already shows the head, but placed between two trees. Since a seal of 1667 all seals and images show the present composition. The head is the symbol of St. John, the patron saint.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892 with seal of 1607
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms as shown around 1970