41st Engineer Battalion, US Army
|Heraldry of the World |
|US heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United States
41ST ENGINEER BATTALION, US ARMY
(Distinctive Unit Insignia)
Shield: Per chevron Argent and Gules, a wreath of a branch of olive and a branch of oak, Vert.
Crest: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules, on a mountain Vert capped Argent two cubit arms vambraced, hands in gauntlets saltirewise of the first, the dexter hand grasping a sword of the second and the sinister hand a hammer of the like.
Motto: VIGOR ET VALOR (Strength and Spirit).
Distinctive Unit Insignia. Description: A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 3/32 inches (2.78 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per chevron Argent and Gules, a wreath of a branch of olive and a branch of oak, Vert, and attached below the shield a Silver scroll inscribed “VIGOR ET VALOR” (Strength and Spirit) in Red letters.
Shield: Red and white are the colors for the Corps of Engineers, combined with green they allude to the battalion’s service in Italy during World War II, as does the wreath taken from the Italian national emblem. The red triangular shape, used to represent a mountain, refers to the organization’s former designation of “Mountain” battalion and to the service in Apennines. Crest: The arms in armour in combination with the hammer and sword symbolize the unit’s World War II combat participation as “fighter” and “builder.” The mount suggests the unit’s original designation as a “mountain” battalion and also refers to the unit’s World War II campaigns in Italy’s Po Valley and North Apennines region. The colors green, white and red allude to the Italian flag and further suggest World War II campaigns.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 41st Engineer Battalion (Combat) on 21 October 1954. It was redesignated effective 1 September 1985, for the 41st Engineer Battalion. The coat of arms was amended to add a crest on 16 January 1986. The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 41st Engineer Battalion (Combat) on 21 October 1954. It was redesignated effective 1 September 1985, for the 41st Engineer Battalion.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature: Images from Wikimedia Commons.