The arms were granted in 1939 and show in the upper half the lion of the Welfen family, Dukes of Hannover, who ruled the area for many centuries. The lower half shows the arms of the Lords of Anderten, known since 1596.
Postal cancellation 1965
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink