|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Burgenland
District : Oberpullendorf
The arms were officially granted on ??-??-1977.
The village of Deutschkreutz is located in the wine-region Mittelburgenland near the Neusiedlersee and the Hungarian frontier. The winegrowing started already in Roman times. The arms thus show a branch of a grape vine and some waves in the base for the Neusiedler See (lake). The cross is a canting element. Kreutz, or Kreuz means cross, and this name was already mentioned in 1274.
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org).