Ensdorf: Difference between revisions

101 bytes added ,  08:59, 27 December 2023
m
Text replacement - "↵↵'''" to "'''"
m (Text replacement - ". ===Origin/meaning===" to ". |- |'''English''' | {{blazon wanted}} |} ===Origin/meaning=== ")
m (Text replacement - "↵↵'''" to "'''")
 
(14 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}
'''ENSDORF'''
'''ENSDORF'''


Line 5: Line 4:
District (Kreis) : [[Saarlouis (kreis)|Saarlouis]]
District (Kreis) : [[Saarlouis (kreis)|Saarlouis]]


[[File:ensdorf.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]
[[File:ensdorf.jpg|center|alt=Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]


===Official blazon===
{| class="wikitable"
*(de) Über silbernem Wellenschildfuß in Rot eine silberne heraldische Lilie, schwebend über goldenem Schlägel und goldenem Eisen in schräger Kreuzung, aus deren Schnitt­punkt je ein silberner Blitz nach rechts und links ausstrahlt.
|+Official blazon
|-
|'''German'''
|
Über silbernem Wellenschildfuß in Rot eine silberne heraldische Lilie, schwebend über goldenem Schlägel und goldenem Eisen in schräger Kreuzung, aus deren Schnitt­punkt je ein silberner Blitz nach rechts und links ausstrahlt.
|-
|-
|'''English'''  
|'''English'''  
| {{blazon wanted}}
| blazon wanted
|}
|}


===Origin/meaning===
===Origin/meaning===
The arms were granted on November 22, 1963 and show the fleur-de-lis as the symbol of St.Mary, the colours are taken from the arms of [[Lorraine]], the tools represent the mining and the wavy footer the river Saar. The town has grown around the coal mines and used to be part of the Duchy of [[Lorraine]] (see the arms of Saarland). Ensdorf belonged until 1581 to the Praeremonstrant monastery of Wadgassen in Wetphalia. Both the patron saint of the monastery and the local church is the St. Mary. The lightning among the tools represents the power station in the town, which runs on the coal.
The arms were granted on November 22, 1963 and show the fleur-de-lis as the symbol of St.Mary, the colours are taken from the arms of [[Lorraine]], the tools represent the mining and the wavy footer the river Saar. The town has grown around the coal mines and used to be part of the Duchy of [[Lorraine]] (see the arms of Saarland). Ensdorf belonged until 1581 to the Praeremonstrant monastery of Wadgassen in Wetphalia. Both the patron saint of the monastery and the local church is the St. Mary. The lightning among the tools represents the power station in the town, which runs on the coal.


{|align="center"
{|align="center"
|align="center"|[[File:{{PAGENAME}}60.jpg|center|350 px|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>Municipal stationery, 1960s
|align="center"|[[File:{{PAGENAME}}60.jpg|center|350 px|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>Municipal stationery, 1960s
|}
|}


[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|'''Literature''']]: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
{{de}}
{{media}}
{{media}}
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|Literature]] : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


[[Category:German Municipalities E]]
[[Category:German Municipalities E]]
approved, Bureaucrats, Interface administrators, Members who can see the literature depository, Administrators, uploader
3,705,920

edits