Über silbernem Wellenschildfuß in Rot eine silberne heraldische Lilie, schwebend über goldenem Schlägel und goldenem Eisen in schräger Kreuzung, aus deren Schnittpunkt je ein silberner Blitz nach rechts und links ausstrahlt.
The arms were granted on November 22, 1963 and show the fleur-de-lis as the symbol of St.Mary, the colours are taken from the arms of Lorraine, the tools represent the mining and the wavy footer the river Saar. The town has grown around the coal mines and used to be part of the Duchy of Lorraine (see the arms of Saarland). Ensdorf belonged until 1581 to the Praeremonstrant monastery of Wadgassen in Wetphalia. Both the patron saint of the monastery and the local church is the St. Mary. The lightning among the tools represents the power station in the town, which runs on the coal.
Municipal stationery, 1960s
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site