|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Rot eine blau gefütterte goldene Herzogskrone mit Hermelinstulp.
The arms were granted on September 12, 1955.
The arms show a ducal crown, which symbolised the possessions of Duchess Hadwig von Schwaben (939-994) in the village. The arms were already proposed in 1912, but at the time not adopted by the municipality. Until 1952 the village used a seal with an old village symbol (resembling a letter Z) and the letters E and D.
Literature : John and Heine, 1989