State : Bayern
Urban District (Stadtkreis) : Fürth
Additions: 1900 Poppenreuth; 1901 Dambach, Oberfürberg, Unterfürberg; 1918 Atzenhof, Unterfarrnbach; 1923 Burgfarrnbach; 1927 Ronhof; 1972 Sack, Stadeln, Vach
|German||In Silber ein dreiblättriges grünes Kleeblatt.|
|English||(Bayern) No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation|
The present arms were officially granted on March 13, 1939.
The arms of Fürth are not very old. The trefoil first appears in a seal of the governor of the city for the Bamberg Abbey, Hornung. His seal shows the trefoil held by a hand and surrounded on each side by a crescent. In the 18th century three combined trefoils are used in images and on borderstones. In 1818 the city uses for the first time a single trefoil, surrounding oak branches, see images below.
The meaning of the trefoil, however, is not known.
The arms in a German album +/- 1910
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
The arms in a German album
The arms in a 1936 album
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink