Province: Podlaskie
County: Mońki

Coat of arms (crest) of Goniądz
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


There is a story about the origin:
In the 1400's Prince Jagiello was hunting. He was chasing a bear through the area where Goniadz is now, he came to a point on top of a hill, where the little church of St Florian stands now. He was tired, he stopped and looked around, he was so taken by the surounding area that he decided to call it Goniadz, which traslates into "while chasing", becasue he saw the area while chasing the bear. And that's why the bear is in the coat of arms for Goniadz.

Coat of arms (crest) of Goniądz

The arms as shown in 1994


Poland heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Poland heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Poland section : 8,103
  • of which images : 5,036

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site

The arms were officially adopted on January 30, 2017.