|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms show the initial of the town's name. The town was granted city rights in 1645, but the oldest seal dates from the 16th century. It already showed the capital H. The colours are known since the 19th century, with a red letter in a silver field. Not until the present century are the colours red and gold.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Kaffee Hag picture albums, 1920s.