Henley and Grange
|Heraldry of the World|
|Australian heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Australia
HENLEY AND GRANGE
State : South Australia
Incorporated into : Charles Sturt City
The arms were granted on October 15, 1976.
In 1964, the Henley and Grange Council approached the College of Arms in London for permission to use the Coat of Arms, Seal, and Armorial Bearings awarded to the Sturt family. Captain Charles Sturt, the renowned explorer of inland Australia, had made his home in South Australia in the 1840's at 'The Grange'. It was not until he purchased 400 acres that any change was made to the area then known as Reedbeds. In 1976, the Arms, with some difference, were granted by Letters Patent to Council.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature : Image and background provided by Denis Towner.